Why we like this card: If you’re a small business owner who flies Delta regularly and would like to receive a sizable welcome bonus, consider the Delta SkyMiles American Express Gold Business Card. The card has a welcome bonus of up to 75,000 points, along with perks like free checked bags and priority boarding, and has an annual fee of $0 the first year ($99 thereafter).
- Free checked baggage on Delta flights
- Generous welcome bonus of 75,000 miles
- No foreign transaction fees
- No access to lounge
- No introductory APR
- Annual fee $99 (introductory fee $0 first year)
To view rates and fees for the Delta SkyMiles American Express Gold Business Card, see this page.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card: Overview
annual interest rate
- introduce: not applicable
- Buy: 20.99%–29.99% variable
- Balance referral: not applicable
- Cash advance: 29.99% variable plus $5 fee or 3% of each cash advance amount, whichever is greater
- punish: 29.99% variable
- Late payment: Up to $39
- Return payment: $39
annual fee: Annual fee is $0 for the first year ($99 thereafter)
Foreign Transaction Fees: not any
Frequent Delta Air Lines cardholders can lower their travel costs and enhance their travel experience with the Delta SkyMiles American Express Gold Business Card. For just $99 per year, cardholders receive benefits such as priority boarding, first checked bag savings (guests only), discounts on in-flight purchases and baggage insurance. However, the card does not offer access to Delta Sky Club or Delta Airport lounges.
The card’s rewards structure is decent, but nothing to write home about — the card only offers 2x miles on a few categories like advertising, transportation, and dining.
One of the great benefits of the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card is the welcome bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $6,000 on your new card within the first 6 months of opening the card. Cardholders who use their miles to purchase flights can get even more benefits — customers can enjoy a 15% discount when using their miles to purchase Delta flights on the Fly Delta app or the Delta website.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card: Rewards
The Delta SkyMiles American Express Gold Business Card offers higher rewards rates on select purchases, which may be helpful to small business owners:
- Earn 2x miles when purchasing directly through Delta
- Earn 2x miles on purchases of select media ads in the U.S.
- Earn 2x miles on purchases shipped to the U.S.
- Earn 2 miles when dining at restaurants
- Earn 1 mile for every qualifying $1 spent on other purchases
New cardholders will receive a welcome bonus of 75,000 bonus miles after spending $6,000 on the new card within the first 6 months of card opening. You can also earn an additional 5,000 miles if you make a qualifying Delta purchase within the first six months of opening your account. This means cardholders can earn up to 80,000 miles.
This offer is valid until October 25, 2023.
How to redeem Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card miles
Cardholders can use their miles (and cash) to purchase flights. Cardholders can enjoy a 15% discount when booking flights through the Delta app or Delta SkyMiles account using their card. Delta has more than 20 airline partners, so cardholders can book flights with airlines such as Air France and Virgin Atlantic, although the 15% discount only applies to Delta Air Lines and Delta Connection® flights.
Book a trip
Cardholders can use points to pay for hotel and resort stays and car rentals through Delta Vacations.
Improve the quality of your travel
While traveling, cardholders can use miles to pay for upgrades on Delta flights, purchase premium beverages in Delta Sky Club and more.
Shop Delta gift cards, magazines and more
Cardholders can purchase gift cards, magazines and other merchandise through the SkyMiles marketplace. This Marketplace is viewable only by SkyMiles and Medallion Members.
Donate or gift your miles
Through SkyWish, cardholders can donate miles to charities such as Habitat for Humanity, the American Red Cross and UNICEF. If you want to gift points to someone you know, you can gift miles to someone with a SkyMiles number.
Cardholders can use points to bid on a variety of travel adventures on SkyMiles Experiences, an online auction marketplace. There’s sports, theatre, food and wine experiences and more.
- The first checked bag is free. Cardholders (and up to nine of their guests) can check their first bag for free. The standard bag fee is $30, so if you use this benefit more than 3 times, you will save more on bag fees than the annual fee.
- Main cabin 1 has priority boarding. Cardholders (and up to nine guests in a reservation) can receive priority boarding if they use their SkyMiles number when booking a Delta flight.
- Flight points. If cardholders make eligible purchases totaling $10,000 or more, they will receive $100 in Delta eCredit that can be used toward Delta flights.
- Enjoy 20% rebate on in-flight purchases. Cardholders can earn 20% back as bill points on eligible pre-ordered meals, in-flight food, alcoholic beverages and headphones on Delta flights.
- Luggage insurance. Cardholders who use their card to purchase plane, train, boat or bus tickets are eligible for baggage insurance – which kicks in if your luggage is stolen, lost or damaged.
- Car rental loss and damage insurance. Cardholders receive damage and theft coverage when renting a car. The cardholder must book the rental with their card and decline the collision damage waiver at the agency to receive it.
Is the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card Right for You?
The Delta SkyMiles American Express Gold Business Card is best for business owners who plan to fly frequently with Delta Air Lines. Many of the card’s benefits are available exclusively on Delta flights.
A credit card similar to the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card
Cardholders who are not loyal to Delta and want more flexible options for redeeming rewards should consider the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, which has a similar annual fee but a more generous welcome bonus and rewards structure.
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card and Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Card
The Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has an annual fee of $95 and a huge welcome bonus of 100,000 points when you spend $8,000 in the first three months of opening the card.
With the Ink Business Preferred Card, customers can earn 3 points for every $1 spent (up to a total of $150,000) on transportation purchases, Internet, cable, phone, and social media site and search engine advertising.
frequently asked questions
Is the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card worth it?
For business owners who travel frequently with Delta, the $99 annual fee for the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card may be worth it.
What is the annual fee for the Delta Business Gold Card?
The Delta Gold Business Card has an annual fee of $99, but the introductory fee is $0 for the first year.
Is it hard to get the Delta SkyMiles Gold Card?
Cardholders should aim to have a “good” FICO credit score of 690 or higher to qualify for the Delta SkyMiles Gold Card, but card issuers will also consider other factors such as income.
Please note that card details are accurate as of the date of publication but may be changed by the card issuer at any time. Please contact your card issuer to verify rates, fees and offers before applying.
Terms apply to American Express card offers and offers. Certain American Express offers and offers may require registration. Please visit americanexpress.com for more information.
Eligibility and benefit levels vary by card. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by American Express Insurance Company.